Thursday, December 18, 2014

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!

This time of year offers the opportunity to reflect on the many blessings in my life. This year is extra special for me as I am on the cusp of becoming a grandfather for the first time!

In addition to my family, I count the staff and students of Huntsville ISD as remarkable blessings.  I am grateful for the dedication and perseverance demonstrated daily within our district to improve the lives of children.

I hope each of us is thankful for the opportunity we have to be of service to others.  Through this service to children, we help student learn how to learn – and learn how to live. Our work in education provides the possibility to change the future… one child at a time!
This is the time of year for rejoicing and for re-dedication.  A quote from Thomas Drier says it well:  “If we are to enjoy life, now is the time – not tomorrow or next year. The best preparation for a better life next year is a full, complete, harmonious, joyous life this year.”
As you reflect on your blessings and recharge your spirit, remember you are a blessing in the life of a child! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!


No comments:

Post a Comment