Friday, January 13, 2017

I Like Myself Now

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!

Congratulations to Kaylea Wright!  This past Saturday she was selected to the ATSSB All-State Band.  Great job Kaylea!!!

GJHS UIL Academic Competition- Congratulations to the student and UIL Academic Coaches at GJHS on the 1st Place overall finish with 786 points at the UIL Academic Meet that was held in December 2016 with Iowa Park (2nd- 640.3 pts), Burkburnett (3rd- 520 pts), Vernon, Kirby JH and McNiel JH.

Big win vs Lubbock Cooper- Congrats to the Graham Steers basketball team on the 74-69 win over Lubbock Cooper this past Tuesday.

Graham Steers and Lady Blues at Home Tonight vs Hirschi.  Good luck!  I hope to see your there!

Best of luck to all our students participating in the Young County Junior Livestock Show! The schedule of events for today and tomorrow is:
  • Friday:
    • 10:00-"Special Grand Drive"
    • 1:00-Rabbit Show
    • 5:30-Swine Show
  • Saturday:
    • 9:00-Commercial Steer Show
    • 10:00-Steer Show
    • 6:00-Premium Sale

Good Luck and Safe Travels to our GJHS boys as they travel to compete in the Stephenville basketball tournament.

I Like Myself Now

The message below is an excerpt from Chicken Soup For the Soul from a teacher who is quoted by Everett Shostrom in Man, The Manipulator.

“Once you see a child’s self-image begin to improve, you will see
significant gains in achievement areas, but even more important, you will see a child who is beginning to enjoy life more.”  Wayne Dyer

I had a great feeling of relief when I began to understand that a youngster needs more than just subject matter. I know mathematics well and I teach it well. I used to think that was all I needed to do. Now I teach children, not math. I accept the fact that I can only succeed partially with some of them. When I don’t have to know all the answers, I seem to have more answers than when I tried to be the expert. The youngster who really made me understand this was Eddie. I asked him one day why he thought he was doing so much better than last year. He gave meaning to my whole new orientation. “ It’s because I like myself now when I’m with you,” he said.

Corny Joke of the Day:

What did the big furry hat say to the warm woolly scarf? (Scroll down for the answer.






You hang around while I go on ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment