Friday, October 13, 2017

Trouble Tree


GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!


I have considered Friday the 13th a lucky day ever since Friday, October 13, 1989… the day of my favorite daughter’s birth.  Happy Birthday Morgan York!!!


Graham High School Choir- If you weren’t able to attend the choir concert this past Tuesday evening you missed out.  Our students and Choral Director Deborah Loesch presented a wonderful performance! Here’s a link to a couple of videos of the performance:


Congrats to GHJS Cross-Country and Coach England! Both the GJHS Girls and Boys teams are District Champions.


Great Job Lady Blues Cross-Country Teams! Varsity and Junior Varsity are District Champions!
GHS Girls CC .jpgJV Girls CC .jpg


Graham Steer Cross Country Finishes 2nd at District! Sam Perkins was 4th, Greg Simental was 5th, and Johnathan Sanchez finished 10th.


Lady Blues Volleyball Pink Out Game- The Lady Blues will be playing Iowa Park this afternoon.  The varsity contest will begin at 4:30 p.m.  BEAT THE LADY HAWKS!


Graham Steer Football Pink Out Game- The Steers will be in action this evening at Newton Field vs Bridgeport.  Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.  BEAT BRIDGEPORT!


RSB3- Best of luck at the Ponder Marching Contest on Saturday!


Prayer and Concern/Praise and Celebration Messages- In an effort to keep all of our GISD family informed, I do my best to share information as it is shared with me. Please do not assume that I know every need or every celebration that needs to be shared.  The most simple way to let me know is to send me an email with all the details and a pic if it’s appropriate.  You could also choose to complete the Life Events Form.


Trouble Tree...


The carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farmhouse had just finished a rough first day on the job. A flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pickup truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.


On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.


Afterward, he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.


"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied." I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning, I pick them up again."


He paused. "Funny thing is," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there ain't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."


CORNY JOKE OF THE DAY:

What do you call a pony with a cough? (Scroll down for the answer.)




A little hoarse.










No comments:

Post a Comment