Friday, February 26, 2021

Start With Yourself- Steer Nation Message 2-26-21

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY FRIDAY!

COVID-19 Information- Please visit this site for the GISD COVID-19 procedures, protocols, and lab-confirmed cases.

Missed School Day Information- We will use the 2021-2021 School Calendar Bad Weather days of Friday, March 12 and Monday,

April 12, for the days missed on February 10 and 11. Regarding the student attendance missed days of February 15-19, with school

board approval, the district will file a Missed School Days waiver. This waiver in conjunction with “banked minutes” will be

used for student days. Regarding the staff missed days of February 15-19, the board will discuss this and consider action during the

March 10th school board meeting. The final plan will be shared with staff on March 11th. 

GHS Choir- GHS Choir took 2 solos and 1 ensemble to UIL Solo & Ensemble in Stephenville several weeks ago. We are so proud to announce that each of them received a rating of 1 and qualified for STATE! Solos: Kodie Gough and Madison Freeman. Ensemble members: Jaytin Sims, Kodie Gough, Emily Epperson, Gaby Wooters, Madison Freeman, and Georgina Guerrero

State Science Fair Qualifier- Congratulations to Thomas Gage on placing 2nd place at the Fort Worth Regional Science and Engineering Fair and qualifying for the State Contest!

Lady Blues Golf- The Lady Blues golf team placed 1st this week at Graham CC with a score of 389. Four members of the team finished in the Top 10- Zoe Carmichael with an 87, Reese Echols with a 92, Emily Forbus with a 100, and Sarah Sanders with a 110. Congratulations!

Lady Blues and Graham Steer Tennis- Good luck at the Cowtown Classic!

Lady Blues Soccer- The Lady Blues will be at GHS today playing Stephenville. Go Lady Blues!

Graham Steer Soccer- The Steer soccer team will be at home this evening vs Stephenville. Go Steers

Lady Blues Softball- Safe travels and good luck at the West Tournament!

Graham Steer Baseball- The Steers will play Bowie in Graham at 11:00 am on Saturday! Go Steers!

Graham Steer Golf- Safe travels and good luck at the Golf Regional Previews in Lubbock!


Start With Yourself...  

The following words were written on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in the Crypts of Westminster Abbey:

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser,

I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. 

But it, too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas,

they would have none of it. 

And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my

family. 

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even

changed the world. 

Take care of yourself and others!

 

 

CORNY JOKE OF THE DAY

What did the science book say to the math book? (Scroll down for the answer.)






Wow, you’ve got problems!


No comments:

Post a Comment