Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Praise & Celebration- GISD SLP's and Related Service Providers



We would like to celebrate our Speech and Language Pathologist along with our Related Service
Providers for the amazing job they do at Graham ISD. If you see one of these hard-working
professionals on your campus, please let them know how much you appreciate the service they
provide to our students!


Dana Weldon
Speech and Language Pathologist
Crestview Elementary
Tell me about your family: I have a very loving family that consists of 2 sisters and a brother with lots of
nieces and nephews.  We love getting together when we can and have lots of great memories.


What is your favorite thing about being a speech path/related service provider? I love working with the
students.  They make me laugh and keep me young. And seeing them progress and feel good about
themselves makes it all worthwhile.


What is the most beautiful view you have seen? I've been to Australia a couple of times.  There are
ome amazing views. The ocean view is spectacular!


What is the most recent thing that you have done for the first time? It hasn't occurred yet, but will on
June 10th.  I am going on my first cruise. I love the ocean and don't know why I've never pursued this.


Melynda Cox
Speech Language Pathologist
Pioneer Elementary
I am a Graham High School alumni, graduated from Texas Tech University with my B.S., and received
my M.S. from UNT.  I have been married to my husband John for 26 years, and we have 2 children
- Wyatt and Catelynn. I have 24 years of experience as an SLP, and have worked in the school setting
for 20 of those years.  
SLPs have the option of working in a variety of settings and with many different ages and needs, but I
have really enjoyed working with young children the last 12 years at Pioneer Elementary.  Being an
SLP in the school setting is rewarding, and a fun way to help children become better communicators
with their teachers, friends, and families.
In the summer, I enjoying reading, traveling and spending time with my family.  I love going on cruises,
and especially enjoy visiting the Caribbean islands. The summer months give me to opportunity to
relax and recharge for the next school year, but I always look forward to seeing my students in August!


Kelly Brockway
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
Pioneer Elementary
I am married to Darby Brockway, and we have 3 children- Jaxon (Texas Tech), Lilli (Junior at GHS), and
Harison (6th grader at GJHS).  
The best thing about my job is getting to work with some amazing kids, and watching the growth and
progress they make as they increase their communication skills.  It is very rewarding to see them
accomplish their goals. I am so thankful to be working with these sweet kiddos at Pioneer!
In the summer, I love spending time with my family between all of their camps and activities. We enjoy
traveling, and the beach is my "happy place"!  
Cali Rose
Speech Language Pathologist
GHS/GJHS/Woodland Elementary
Tell me about your family:
Nick and I have been married for 10 years and have 3 rowdy kids; Parker, Leia and Bennett. We moved
to Graham 3 years ago have felt very welcomed by the community. We have met so many great people
and our children love the activities and friendships they have made.


What is your favorite thing about being a speech path/related service provider?
My favorite thing is when there is a student who has difficulty speaking or is unable to speak verbally
and providing them with a different form of communication so they can have their own voice, when
before they solely relied on others to interpret. It's rewarding when you see their face light up when
they are finally understood.


What music artist do you never get tired of?
I don't have a specific artist, but the music genre I never get tired of is Musicals. I have a playlist of
several different Musicals and every time I play it, it puts me in a jolly mood.


What is the most recent thing that you have done for the first time?
Recently, I went to Disney World with my husband and children for the first time. I had gone before,
but it is a much different and better experience when you take your kids!


Misty Mills
Occupational Therapist
Graham ISD
Tell me about your family:  Stephen and I have been married for 16 years.  We have twin daughters
Emma and Katy, who are in 5th grade.


What is your favorite thing about being a speech path/related service provider?  The best part about
being an occupational therapist is helping children master skills we most often take for granted!  


What is the most recent thing that you have done for the first time?  Coaching the Lady Blues Soccer
team through their first season of district play and their first playoff game.    


What did you do last summer?  We took our fifth wheel to Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton
National Park.  Then we made our way to Custer, South Dakota where we saw the Crazy Horse
Monument and Mt. Rushmore.

Deann Orsak
Teacher of the Visually Impaired
GISD
Dale and I have been married almost eight years. My husband works in grocery retail. We enjoy
spending time at our lake house and with family members. We tend to be the local caretakers for lost pets at the lake.


My favorite thing about being a Teacher of the Visually Impaired is helping the students grow in
confidence and independence in the areas of the VI Expanded Core Curriculum. It is inspiring when I
see them smile in response to their own accomplishments.


I will never get tired of listening to George Strait. As a child, I went with my grandmother to several of
his concerts.


Motto:
Help others bloom, be the shower not the storm.


Christa Cretors
Physical Therapist
GISD
My family: My husband is TJ Cretors and I have two little boys Callan (4) and Coen (2).


My favorite thing about being a PT is being able to help children and families on a daily basis to
improve their gross motor function.


The Artist I never get tired of is George Strait :)


What did you do last summer? We went on a family vacation to the mountains.


Kelly Qualls
Deaf Education
GISD
My husband, Patrick has served the public as a letter carrier for 26 years in several cities.  During these
years, he earned a BS in Biology. His servant heart for others, especially family is evident in his actions.
We have been married for 28 years and have three sons.  Caleb is a Texas A&M graduate with a BS in
Economics and currently job hunting. Jonah is a Texas A&M student pursuing a degree in RPTS and
has a passion for serving in the ministry. Luke will be an 8th grader at GJHS. He enjoys skateboarding,
tennis, and most activities that involve his brothers. As a family we enjoy visiting and vacationing in
places where we can hike, explore, canoe, and raft the rapids.


Our travels to Great Smoky Mountains and Michigan have been some of my favorite locations to visit.
Both have beautiful and amazing views.


Here's something I read recently that has special meaning.
"Our choices shape our lives, and they shape us.  But we remain in God's hand no matter what. Let's
remember that though we may have to wait and see, we never have to wait to be." And further, we have
a "hopeful vision" to be thankful for. God always promises presence. -E.P. Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment